I Agree With Michelle Malkin. (Yes, You Read That Right.)

When I saw the headline about the young woman who was attacked at an ATM near Pittsburgh by a very tall black man who robbed her at knifepoint, and then decided he would carve the letter “B” on the right side of her cheek because he noticed she had a McCain bumper sticker on her car, I thought, “Fucking shit.”

Then, when I read the article and came to this line: “[Police spokeswoman Diane] Richard said the woman refused medical treatment after the assault, which happened outside the view of the bank’s surveillance cameras,” I thought, “Whaaa? Why would she refuse medical treatment?”

But when I saw, on Memeorandum, the headline to Michelle Malkin’s post about the incident, I thought I was hallucinating. It read: “Why That McCain Volunteer’s ‘Mutilation’ Story Smells Awfully Weird.”

And Malkin’s first reason why was exactly the same as mine:

Throughout my career, I’ve covered dozens of fake hate crimescampus hate crime hoaxes, Muslim hate crime hoaxes, fake noose hangings, etc., etc., etc. Most were perpetrated by liberals, but there have been some shameful ones on our side of the aisle as well.

I’ve reported on the great lengths that warped attention-seekers have gone to in perpetrating fake hate crimes, including beating themselves up, carving swastikas on their dorm room doors and walls, locking themselves in bathroom stalls, and burning down their own houses.

Which is why I’m not jumping up and down with outrage over Drudge-promoted story of a McCain volunteer claiming to have been attacked by a black man whom she accused of carving a “B” in her face after spotting her McCain bumper sticker.

She refused medical treatment after reporting the incident to police. Why on earth would she do that?

Malkin’s other big reason? It’s that letter “B.” Something is wrong with it.

The chances of Malkin writing another post before the end of the decade (if then) that makes sense and shows some independence of thought are, I would say, slim to none. So I’d advise you to catch this one while you can.

16 Responses to “I Agree With Michelle Malkin. (Yes, You Read That Right.)”

Can we start deleting off-topic comments?

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, you wingnut assholes are going to get a blogging tutorial here; Blog Basics 101. Ready?

Blog posts have a comments section so you can talk about what has been posted. Now if the conversation veers off into other topics from there, fine — that’s allowed and natural.

But you assholes post nothing about the topic, just a comment about your general hatred of Obama. This isn’t a message board; we’re not Free Fucking Republic. This is a blog. If your intention is spewing crap about whatever topic floats your boat go start your own fucking blog.

Can we start deleting off-topic comments?

Your wish is my command.

3. Short answer, tas, yes you can delete them.

Damn Kathy, you beat me to the punch. Though, the B bothers me for reasons other than it just being backwards. I can’t believe I’m about to do this, but I’m going to blogwhore my very own post on this same subject on my own blog.

My post is at the top of the page, please go read.

I read it already, Kyle. And I put in the comments about beating you to the punch. 🙂

Yay! Yay! Yay! Celebrate! I got a post up before Kyle!!!

LOL

5. Wow… I didn’t know it was THAT much of a cause for celebration!

Well, it is! Do you know how many times in the past week alone I have been all set to blog a story, and see that you have already blogged it? Damn! I think. Can’t he leave me anything? 🙂

7. Hazel says:

Can I just point out that a black eye looks like this:
    and not like, oh, I dunno, black eyeliner “cleverly” smudged around one’s eye?
    A little swelling? A little purple? “Black eye” is not really an accurate description of the wound.

And that backwards B? I could do that with the end of a ballpoint pen or my own fingernail…

Pulleeze.

8. Kevin says:

I’m a 18 year LEO (retired now) and the first thing I thought was no frakkin way that’s authentic. I posted on Michelle’s blog to the same effect. Now if it was true, I’d be screaming to high heaven, but just looking at it you can tell it’s a hoax. And as much as I want Obama to lose, I’ll not say anything different. Besides, I don’t see how what a ‘supporter’ of his doing really has any bearing on him and his policies or anything else. Even if this was true there would just be nothing to make from it.

Some one robs you, they want the money, typically to go cop some more dope, they sure as hell don’t stick around to make a political statement.

I know we can delete comments. I’ve got the admin rights to delete any comment I want, but I don’t think I’ve used it yet… In general, I don’t like deletion because I feel that censorship has a fine line. But the trolling was getting ridiculous. I don’t like censorship, but I also enjoy participating in forums where intelligent, on-topic opinions are expressed and not second grade bullshit about nothing at hand in the post. So I thank you for agreeing with me that this comment in particular needed the boot.

As for second grade bullshit, ironically that bleeds into the black eye story. How funny/scary is it that Michelle Malkin turns out to be the voice of reason and some modicum of critical thought for these wingers? Almost all of them fell for this story hook, line, and sinker — and this is just another example of how th lot of them have absolutely no critical thinking skills whatsoever. They’ve been indoctrinated; brainwashed. They don’t think for themselves anymore — they simply parrot whatever their masters tell them to. It’s pathetic. These people are so fucking stupid that they shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

10. Craig says:

I don’t know if I’m a “winger” or not. I didn’t even like the band of that name (see: 80’s big-hair rock). But my own reaction to the story was, “Hmmm,…..maybe, but I’d need to hear more about it.” And it does smell suspcious.

Even though I know you were in mid-rant Tas, I had to smile at your “don’t like censorship” and “shouldn’t be allow to vote” combo!

11. gary says:

OK Libs — we need to show some sympathy here. Thats what we are supposed to be about. Either way the kid needs help. If a crime was committed then justice will hopefully be carried out fairly. If no crime was committed i hope she has access to some kind of counselling as most college students don’t have insurance the medical/psychological help she needs might not be available. I hope nobody wants to stone the kid if she isn’t telling the truth. This has been one UGLY election and I think we all know how ugly it has gotten and the worst is probably yet to come.. Either way she is a victim and could use some support — times are tough..
    I was kind of put back by mm’s page — they are eager to scream hoax and duck and cover and wait for the fall out. so lets one up and show them what a liberal would do. once again we need to show the other half how its done even though they never seem to catch on.

12. basye says:

Not a lib, but an independent here. No matter what kind of help this girl needs, the fact is that if things continue to pan out the way they are at this time, she falsely accused an imaginary black man AND a McCain-hater of perpetrating this crime. Filing a false police report is a serious offense, and she should be brought to justice after all the evidence is in. I called shens on this right away, being a victim of violence before, this picture and her reaction to the assault (in particular of declining medical help) really angers me. Now, real victims of these crimes will be even more suspect from the nutjobs on both sides…and there are PLENTY to go around! This racist crap really needs to be stopped in its tracks, period.

basye, I like “shens” for shenanigans. I’ve never seen that before. 🙂

14. The Skeptic says:

If the “perp” was trying to make a political statement, why we he use a “B?” Isn’t “O” the letter that Obama supporters would use? And he could “carve” it a lot faster. Quicker getaway, you know. The whole thing is goofy, even to those of us who don’t support O.

15. Jeff says:

Gees, you have such a way with words.

Where ever did you learn to speak so gracefully, a Richard Pryor concert?

1. Conservatives For Obama - Page 2 - PoliticalGroove Forums - [...] A police spokeswoman would not reveal the results of the polygraph, but sounded pretty dubious. I Agree With Michelle…