Liveblogging The Final Presidential Debate: Let’s Get It On

Alright, we have just under an hour until the final presidential debate, and that means it’s time for us to get that show on the road.  This will be the official liveblogging post, and all the rest of the details will come below the fold.

As always, we perform all of our liveblogging in the comments section so that anyone who wants to participate is free to do so.  There are some caveats to this though.

No cursing.  We do however encourage you to be as gross and vulgar as you possibly can be without using official curse words.

No spamming.  I don’t care about your ladyboy pics or your vibrators that take four d batteries.  Go away.

Finally, keep in mind, as the name of this blog would suggest, this is a highly partisan blog.  If you’re pulling for McCain, I can not be held responsible for the treatment you receive.

With that out of the way, I’ve got my live feed running over at cnn.com, you can watch the debate on your TV, or just about any major news channel.  Let’s get it on!

289 Responses to “Liveblogging The Final Presidential Debate: Let’s Get It On”

1. 58-31, that’s the biggest margin yet. Dear son of a Jewish carpenter, that’s ridiculous.

2. terry says:

MSNBC has an online poll, Obama 85%, McCain 12%

3. See, it’s a very good think that I can’t drink right now because I think i would just be pouring beer all over myself and rubbing it in.

Particularly the nips. I would totally rub it into my hairy nips.

4. Online polls don’t work, Terry.

Okay, funny story, I have no chest hair, but these freakishly long hairs that surround my nipples. Like 2-4 inches in length…

YOWZA!!!!

5. I wonder how the righties are reacting to this. They got what they wanted, McCain went on the attack, and thus far it is EPIC FAIL!

6. An appreciative teacher says:

Alright, I have things to prep for tomorrow, if I didn’t and I wasn’t still crushing for Barack Obama *wink*, I’d entertain your (faux-bulous) proposal.

*waves*

Thanks, everyone!

7. Oh, and here’s something funny. That half hour of tv time that Obama bought? yeah, Fox just said it’s going to move the sixth game of the World Series to accomodate that.

Holy

crap

8. ZING!!!!

CBS

53-22!!!!

!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

9. terry says:

I can’t wait to see what he does for that half hour. I was sort of hoping he would show the bio video from the convention but that’s only 10 minutes.

10. Crap, I’m not going to be able to go to bed tonight. This is phenomenal. McCain needed a game changer, and both snap polls are saying McCain lost two to one.

11. DrGail says:

EEEEEW, Kyle. That is NOT the image I need before going to bed. I’d like to think that, had I been able to participate in this liveblogging event, the tone of the comments at least would not have descended to these disgusting depths. (At some point, I’ll probably get the hang of watching, analyzing, and writing at the same time. Right now, I’m still working on that chewing gum and walking thing.)

12. I hope it’s a christmas special. At this rate, I think the Obama family can just sing Christmas carols for half an hour, and that would be enough.

13. HAHAHAHA

Gail!

At least you missed the urinal cakes

14. terry says:

I have to confess, I’d stopped watching debate analysis so I could watch the Project Runway finale.

15. DrGail says:

Oh, I wish it were true that I’d missed the urinal cakes. I could have lived out the rest of my days happy and contented if I’d missed the urinal cakes.

Okay, don’t know if anyone’s still here, but I’m off the phone and back.

17. And, here’s the important take away. McCain has been getting pressure from the right to hit Obama on his shady associations. In the analysis from the first debate, I think, one of the guys at NRO’s Corner had criticized McCain because he didn’t connect Obama to Ayers. Palin has been pressuring McCain to hit Obama harder.

McCain dropped Ayers tonight, he dropped ACORN, and he lost this debate by the largest margin so far. That has got to sting.

18. DrGail says:

Kathy, run for the hills! It’s getting ugly………..

19. Well, I’m here for about five more minutes, kathy, and I’m disappointed, you missed much hilarity, and my snap polls finally came in, and they are just ridiculous, positively ridiculous. Terry’s watching project runway (don’t even know what that is, but I guess it has something to do with models), and I’m freaking the good doctor out!

20. God… I’m feeling good. I’m just… wow

just wow…

it’s like starbursts are bouncing all over my office right now.

21. Wait… I read at Wonkette that Joe the Plumber endorsed Barack Obama… Unfortunately, I can’t necessarily say that that really means anything because Wonkette’s not exactly a news source.

22. DrGail says:

Yes indeedy. But if we’re going to step back from the insane high-fiving, the debate was amazing. From the perspective of two psychologists, McCain could barely contain his anger. And his anger IS ugly! He came across as condescending, sneering, whiny, and juvenile. Same as the earlier debates, but this time it was on steroids. Quite aside from the policy issues, this type of demeanor communicates creepy things to people in the audience, and does so rather subliminally so that their takeaway is “what a creepy man; I’m sure glad he won’t get to be president”.

Kyle, is ridiculous good?

24. terry says:

I just checked Google Hot Trends and here’s the top 10 phrases people are searching for (look at #8 :-)

1. congressman lewis
    2. repudiate
    3. joe the plumber
    4. reputiated
    5. bob schieffer
    6. live debate blog
    7. brutha
    8. cockamamie
    9. presidential debate october 15
    10. repudiate definition

25. Dynamic says:

Wow… looks like the Repubs are finally getting nailed with the “inescapable narrative.” McCain was going to come across as losing this debate no matter how he did, and so he has.

I thought it was his best performance so far, but clearly not enough to win. People are genuinely looking for solutions and Obama tapped into that and provided specific examples of just that. McCain didn’t, and people noticed it.

By God America really is waking up!

26. Kathy, ridiculous is very good.

CNN

58-31

CBS

53-22

And I think Gail, I love your input. There’s been a lot of buzz about the split screen shots of McCain, and I think you nailed it probably better than anyone else could.

27. You know what, D, I think you’re dead on too. This economic crisis did one good thing, it really woke people up to the fact that this stuff matters, that whom we elect is a serious and important decision, and it’s important that the person who focuses on the issues, not the person who focuses on the mud slinging, is the right person to put in office.

I was just reading all the comments I missed while I was on the phone. Wow. Major, major party time!

29. Dynamic says:

Wow, three of the top 10 are people looking up repudiate? That’s hilarious :lol:

30. Well, guys, I would love to stay and hang out, but I have to go home now. I’m still working to get election night off, and if I do, I’m buying beer, and I’m liveblogging all night long!

Good night, thanks to everyone who helped make this so much fun, and I’ll catch yall later. I’ll write up the debate in the morning.

Where do I find the snap polls?

32. Oh, and someone go check out Jules Crittendon.

Quote:

“Yeah, well … was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”

Um, didn’t the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor?

Okay, now I’m really out of here.

33. Dynamic says:

Artificial trackback – I linked to this thread in the following post: http://dynamicintervention.blogspot.com/2008/10/rope-dope.html

Good night everyone! :D

1. Final Debate, Final Analysis | Comments from Left Field - [...] Before we get into it, I want to first give a big thanks to everyone who joined me during …