Liveblogging The Final Presidential Debate: Let’s Get It On

Alright, we have just under an hour until the final presidential debate, and that means it’s time for us to get that show on the road.  This will be the official liveblogging post, and all the rest of the details will come below the fold.

As always, we perform all of our liveblogging in the comments section so that anyone who wants to participate is free to do so.  There are some caveats to this though.

No cursing.  We do however encourage you to be as gross and vulgar as you possibly can be without using official curse words.

No spamming.  I don’t care about your ladyboy pics or your vibrators that take four d batteries.  Go away.

Finally, keep in mind, as the name of this blog would suggest, this is a highly partisan blog.  If you’re pulling for McCain, I can not be held responsible for the treatment you receive.

With that out of the way, I’ve got my live feed running over at cnn.com, you can watch the debate on your TV, or just about any major news channel.  Let’s get it on!

286 Responses to “Liveblogging The Final Presidential Debate: Let’s Get It On”

1. Obama just laughed at McCain.

Cognitive dissonance. YOU pal around with terrorists, but my campaign is about the economy!

2. Dynamic says:

Well this is a softball for Obama but a blast at McCain – why will the country be better off with your running mate in the VP office? This should be good.

3. terry says:

I like the “This is who I associate with” answer.

4. Ooooh…

How would this country be better off if your running mate became president of this country than the other ticket’s running mate?

5. An appreciative teacher says:

I can’t wait to see the “mood-meter” when McCain speaks about Palin.

I know, terry; that was an inspired touch.

7. Jazz says:

I wonder if McCain will bring up how ethical Palin is

8. An appreciative teacher says:

Wow, higher than I expected.

9. Actually, the mood meter for the undecideds is doing pretty good.

And she wants pregnant rape and incest victims to go through pregnancy, labor, and childbirth.

11. You know, I figured out what Obama’s doing. he’s playing prevent defense. Golly gosh darn it Barry, don’t you ever listen to John Madden?!?!1 The only thing prevent defense does is prevent you from preventing winning ball games!

12. Uh-oh… Obama just hit McCain on the “spending freeze”… damn, that was a nice turn.

13. Jazz says:

I’m sorry but being an advocate for special needs does not qualify you to be VP or god forbid President. McCain can not seriously believe that makes her a good choice. I’m a woman and it may be sexist but if she was so devoted to her specail needs child why is she running for VP.

14. Dynamic says:

Heh, that was a good concession from Obama… “sure, she’s a capable politician and she has ignited the base of her party…” Good response.

And WOW nailed it! What a response… McCain throws in the Special Needs thing and Obama throws it in his face, but in a legitimate way. Fantastic.

15. cockamamy? good a-Thull! who says cockamamy?!

Because if you want to help autistic children, you have to spend money. God, what a fucking idiot.

17. You know what guys? This mood meter just isn’t really moving significantly in either direction.

18. You know, and this is one of the one points where I tend to agree more with McCain, but that’s because I used to run those nuclear power plants on those Navy ships.

19. Okay, right here, the camera went to Obama alone, and I’ll tell you right now, this is his presidential moment. This moment right here is where he looks, sounds and sounds more presidential than John McCain, and his substances is more presidential.

20. Dynamic says:

And Obama keeps it up with the statistics rope-a-dope. Answer McCain’s attacks with solid presidential planning.

It’ll drown out any chance of serious fireworks, which is all Obama needs to do.

21. This question goes clearly to Obama. Clearly.

22. An appreciative teacher says:

Does McCain ever talk about his policy and ideas? It seems to me he only talks AGAINST Obama’s.

23. DRILL BABY DRILL!!!!

*vomit*

24. terry says:

I find I’ve stopped listening to McCain…

what did he say?

There McCain goes, patronizing Obama again.

26. terry says:

Did you see McCain roll his eyes? Gotta love this split screen on CNN.

You’re right, teacher. He does only talk against Obama. But that’s because he HAS no ideas of his own worth mentioning.

28. I agree teach…

And, you know, here’s a big difference in their tones. When Obama talks, he’s smooth, authoratative, but non-hostile. John McCain has an almost chihauhau quality. He yaps. He sounds plaintive and borders on whining in the way he kind of has this, “you have to understand me” tone.

29. terry says:

CNN is showing a mood meter for uncommitted Ohio voters. Obama seems to be doing well with the women. And now with both men and women while he is talking about clean energy.

You gotta love that laugh. It’s so good-humored!

31. An appreciative teacher says:

OMG. Preconditions, again?

32. Dynamic says:

I missed it too… it sounded like he was trying to pull his own statistics out, and that’s a battle he can’t win either. He just doesn’t have the gravitas that Obama does.

The Obama Rope-a-dope is working, all the fire McCain started with is already gone, he’s already been worn out.

33. And that was another off the charts from Obama. He started off shaky, but he is really feeling it now.

McCain goes on the attack again, and the mood meter drops. Now we’re in a rhythm baby! Now we’re in a rhythm.

34. terry says:

I do like when Obama speaks directly to the camera. I think that is effective. And the mood meter shows it.

35. I agree, D. he started off well, but he’s already on the ropes and is punching drunk.

36. terry says:

Hey, any truth to the Colin Powell endorsement? That would take any wind out of McCain sails tomorrow morning 🙂

37. And he’s owning this question again. Obama really in his element now, and if you look at that <50 K meter it is maxed out through the health care answer. I think Obama's going to come out of this debate with a third and final win.

38. Jazz says:

I am going to switch to CNN.

Is McCain looking at notes?

40. Well, Terry, Fox News saw Colin hip-hop dancing so it has to be true.

41. terry says:

McCain talking about Joe the Plumber makes the mood meter go down.

42. THE MOOD METER DOES NOT LIKE JOE!!!!!!!

43. McCain looks like he just got slapped in the face!

44. Mood Meter: STOP TALKING ABOUT JOE! I WISH HE WOULD DIE SO I COULD RIP OFF HIS SKULL AND MAKE POOPIES DOWN HIS THROAT!

45. terry says:

McCain’s advisors should tell him to try to sit still. All that moving around makes him seem nervous.

46. Dynamic says:

Back to Joe the Plumber, are you kidding me? Is McCain out of ammo already?

47. Did McCain just admit that health benefits will be taxed?

48. terry says: