Programming Note: The Obama Infomercial

Tonight the thirty minute Obama infomercial airs at 8pm EST.  Now, I could just write up my own opinion of the event (and probably will), but as someone who is clearly an Obama supporter, my opinion is worth only so much.

But as luck would have it, I have managed to round up a one person focus group.  I will be watching the Obama infomercial with an undecided voter, after which I will have the chance to ask him a few questions.

I expect to have a report up tonight no later than 10pm EST (until then, I’m taking a few hours off to watch some mindless non-political, television!).

UPDATE: My analysis here.

8 Responses to “Programming Note: The Obama Infomercial”

1. charlotte johnson says:

This infomercial bought me to tears. With so many real issues facing americans I truly believe this man speaks from the heart. His concerns for americans are genuine and compassionate.

2. cheri says:

I was undecided but after listening to Barack Obama and his continued rhetoric with no specifics or explanation of his questionable past, plus the fact that he has racked up the highest contribution spends in history, I still do not trust him. McCain will be absolutely receiving my vote.

3. Mel says:

It’s funny that people continue to say that Obama is not specific enough for them. What more do you want? His social security number? His first-born? If McCain focused on the issues more than talking about Obama, maybe he would get positive feedback.

4. Edith says:

I found the infomercial appallingly presumptuous, with its reference to “state of the union” and the “As your president” phrases. I continue to ask, where is he going to get the money for all the things that he is promising? Smooth, urbane, educated, and polished, but…I do not trust this man. I will not vote for him. On another note, how dare the Obama campaign spend this kind of money after the flagellation of Sarah Palin over the cost of her clothing?

5. donkey says:

Obama was eloquent. I don’t know how anyone could want McCain in office for 4 years – he can’t even run his own campaign. How could he unite the country when he is so divisive?

6. Scott says:

I don’t know how anyone can say they’re “undecided” and not be convinced by the Obama infomercial. Those “undecideds” are conservatives without the courage to admit that they’ve been wrong for the last eight years, and are clinging to their fears. Have enough courage to either be honest (you’ve supported the GOP from the beginning) or to get over your bigotry or fear and make the right choice. “His questionable past”? Give me a break!

7. Craig says:

Scott, the beauty of voting in a democracy, is that “the right choice” is the choice each individual wants to make. No one should lose sight of that.

8. John from Omaha says:

I am a “decided” Republican. I’ve decided that I don’t want my taxes increased. I decided I don’t want late term abortions to be the law of the land. I am clinging to a fear, substantiated by most reputable economists, that Obama policies will create a total meltdown of the economy. No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity, and yes, I do say this as a patriot, not a bigot. I’ll continue to “cling” to my guns and religion, thank you very much.