Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

Or, at least, Hillary is willing to go by that.  Mrs. Clinton, former first lady, former presidential rival to President Elect Barack Obama, and current junior senator from New York reportedly will accept the nomination as the nation’s top diplomat.

Now it’s just a matter of getting her confirmed through the senate.  Somehow I’m guessing that’s not going to be very difficult, but you never know.

7 Responses to “Secretary of State Hillary Clinton”

That teaches Richardson to support Obama during the primary. Errr, wait a second…

I’m sure there’s a few people not quite happy with this move.

Check out Michelle Malkin‘s post on the Hillary Clinton story. (I’ve linked her from Memeorandum.)

This is an adult person? I’m just floored.

3. Paul says:

He pretty much didn’t have a choice. She is the natural fit for the job. It also gives her great exposure (as if she needs more) for her next presidential run… if she bombs though it’ll be the end of her political career.

I know Hillary’s qualified but I’m not sure if she’s a natural fit for the job. I’m also wondering what makes her more qualified than, say, John Kerry or Bill Richardson. The case for Richardson, a former UN ambassador who knows the value of negotiations, seems to be stronger as far as I’m concerned.

5. Paul says:

That may be true but if you saw Obama’s 60 Minutes interview, it’s clear that Lincoln is having an effect on how he chooses his cabinet. Clinton came a VERY close second to Obama and she is still a formidable political force. He ought to keep her close and reward her handsomely. In this case, tactics win but to Obama’s advantage Clinton will still do a fine job.

6. patrick says:

if Hillary does becomes the Sec. State, hopefully she will be able to concentrate on country-centric issues without being distracted by other drama or her career plans

7. Joshua W. Johnson says:

As an Obama supporter I really do hope that Hillary Clinton is NOT confirmed as Secretary of State. There are many other far more qualified people to consider (should have been Biden) before naming such a divisive and controversial person to an extremely sensitive and important post. Senator Clinton is a talented and effective leader for whom there must be some other position available that is more suitable to her specific skillset. Her tapping for the State dept. position smacks of quid pro quo.