Dear Michael Steele: Keep’em coming

Quote of the day from new GOP chairman Michael Steele:

“Not in the history of mankind has the government ever created a job.

Kinda tough knowing where to start with this crap. “Not in the history of mankind…” presupposes that the US government has been around since, well, the beginning of mankind. Really now, Steele? Is the United States mentioned in the Bible, along with humans and dinosaurs coexisting? I didn’t know the United States was 4000 years old — somebody tell Caesar! As for our government never creating a job.. Uh yeah, right. Whatever.

Just how ignorant of history is Michael Steele? We have 4 years to find out. Personally, if Steele insists on being this stupid when he opens his mouth, I hope he speaks to the press as much as he wants. Keep’em coming, brainiac.

16 Responses to “Dear Michael Steele: Keep’em coming”

1. Paleo-Pat says:

I really must wonder, would you say all that about him, if he were White.

The Democrats Racist roots are showing. Better cover ’em up.

Care to show me where anything I posted was racist, dickwad?

I’m not sure if you’re familiar with my blogging, but I’ve given Republicans the business end of my mouth for years… Often in a much harder, profane manner — and those targets were white, usually with a four letter last name starting with “B”. Not that I went easy on Mr. Steele because he’s black, I’m just in a decent mood right now. The biggest factor for my demeanor in a post is my mood at the moment. If I just came in from a commute where I got cut off 50 zillion times and make a post, you better believe that post will be more angry then usual — skin color of the target matters not.

Now fuck off, troll.

3. gcotharn says:

It’s undeniable that “ignorant” is racist code speech. Even if it’s subconscious racism: when you call a black man ignorant you have written a racist post. Objectively.

4. Holy crap! Racist? Really? This is like some strange cartoon version of race baiting and instantly, this must be what Republicans thought Democrats were doing when they in all honest accused us of race baiting during the election. That’s the only logical explanation I could come up with.

I mean, ignorant as a dog whistle? And let’s ignore the whole dropping of the “N-bomb” in byline’s post. Yes, ignorant and the n-bomb has ties, but tas above clearly says “ignorant of” as in he is willfully lacking knowledge of a certain subject. Not even in the same time zone as any kind of dog whistle usage of the word ignorant.

Look, if you guys are honestly going to try and generate a solid race baiting campaign using the new GOP chair, you’re going to have to do loads better than this because criticism of a person does not automatically mean that you are being bigoted towards that person’s various demographics.

And, for all intents and purposes, tas is right, and Steele is wrong, if government has never created a single job ever, I would have been unemployed for the past ten or so years. I’m just saying.

gcotharn, going against the wishes of other bloggers here that I don’t attack you — and I’ve laid off until you directly engaged me — you’re a fuckass. You’re fucking stupid, ok? “Ignorant” is a racist term? Are you fucking kidding me? Go fuck yourself, you douchebag. You’re the stupidest fucking dickhead I’ve ever run into in the comments section of any fucikng blog I’ve been on, on that’s saying a lot.

And I’ve called you a lot fucking worse then “ignorant” before — does that make me somehow prejudiced? “Racist code speech”, give me a FUCKING break.

Fuck you, tharnbag. Can take whatever bullshit little opinions you have and shove them up your fucking ass. You’re a fucking joke.

Paleo-Pat has refused to publish my last comments on his blog; and he’s closed comments on his post where he called me a racist. I warned him that I would delete his comments here if he censored me, though it’s clear now removing them would screw up this comment thread… But I think deleting his pingback is fair if he won’t let me defend myself. And all of Pat’s subsequent comments here will be axed. That’s what he gets for censoring me. (Of course, I say all this on my way out the door, so I’ll check back in a couple hours.)

Bub-bye.

…criticism of a person does not automatically mean that you are being bigoted towards that person’s various demographics.

I also must mention the irony here that I was much more critical of Paleo-Pat, and tharnbag fully knows that I’ve been much more critical of him in the past, when compared to anything I’ve said about Steele in this post.

But logic doesn’t matter when you’re a troll. Nothing matters to them except masturbating to the sound of their precious little voices.

8. gcotharn says:

Aw, I was teasing. It was a fat pitch down the middle, and a perfect mirror of instances when the left has accused the right of being subconsciously, objectively racist. To me, subconsciously and objectively racist is a big joke. I couldn’t pass it up, which is why I commented on one of your posts even though I am usually scrupulous about not pestering you.
    And your reaction is the exact reaction a conservative has when we are accused of being subconciously, objectively racist, i.e. “Are you serious?! Well, f@#$ you!” Welcome to our world! Thanks for not deleting my comment.

If you were teasing, I apologize for my tirade. Which I actually mean.. I know most of my comments with you are sarcastic, so that needs to be added.

I love human beings. They’re so complex. I would have sworn Greg had no sense of humor or irony at all. Then he goes and proves me wrong.

People. Can’t live ’em, can’t live w/o ’em. 🙂

11. gcotharn says:

Well, it was kind of a mean joke. I sort of reeled you in unfairly, which is why I didn’t continue it, and made sure to let you off the hook pretty quickly. And it had nothing to do with you personally. It was just the situation – it was just sitting there, begging to be exploited. I could not resist.

Anyway, we know that “ignorant” is not a racist dog whistle, because I have called you “ignorant” a number of times, and I would lay odds that you are not African-American. 😐

13. radical_moderate says:

Oh jesus, an idiot is an idiot regardless of race. It appears that the Repugs have chosen to continue with their efforts to dumb down their party…consider that 55% of Republicans want to party to be more like the clueless Sarah Palin (really Repugs? You do know that Palin waited in line at that swanky shindig Saturday, and passed up the Repug’s retreat, so eager was she to meet President Obama.)

14. matttbastard says:

Michael Steele is the best damn Democrat to ever hold the RNC chair.

EVAR.

15. Mike says:

Ignorant is not a secret racial code word. Ignant is.

16. Jim says:

I’m familiar with Michael Steele from living in Maryland and I knew he was an idiot when he was in office here. A Michael Steele/Sarah Palin ticket (work it either way) would be the best thing that ever happened to the Democrat party. They’re both idiots. And Sarah Palin is bordering on “bimboness”.