Ask the President: Single. Effing. Payer. NAO.

Sarah posted this at her other pad, and I thought I’d do the same here:

As a Canadian for whom universal single-payer coverage is a given, health care is a big one for me. The fact that my American friends have to go through such fucking bullshit regarding their fucking HEALTH CARE? That is on the same level of debasement as the death penalty. Bottom fucking line: No nation with the resources of the United States of America should have even 1 person without health care coverage, let alone 44 million.

More info on Ask The President @ Alterdestiny.

6 Responses to “Ask the President: Single. Effing. Payer. NAO.”

1. Bryan says:

The premise of the question seems to be based on a lie (misinformation, that is. I don’t know if there is a deliberate intent to deceive).

I bothered to look up the poll described in the blurb. It doesn’t say anything at all about the single-payer system, as far as I can tell. Question 92 provides some skimpy support for the claim that 49 (that isn’t a majority–look it up) of respondents favor government insurance for all medical problems. But the question was very poorly worded for one that is supposed to support any reliable conclusion about American attitudes toward single-payer health care:

Should the government in Washington provide national health insurance, or is this something that should be left only to private enterprise? IF GOVERNMENT, ASK: Should the government insurance be for all medical problems, or only for medical emergencies?

2. Bryan says:

Forty-nine percent, that is. 🙂

3. regulararmyfool says:

Not just single payer. A floor below which no one can fall below. Families living on the street while a presidential candidate can’t even remember how many houses he had.

Organize, organize, organize. Women you can run the United States from the floor to the ceiling but you need to organize. Target all politicians. The average man has 1.5 friends that he influences. The average woman has over 7 friends that she influences. Start 7 woman discussion groups. Encourage every woman you meet under any circumstances to join a group to change. Activists need to be seen and heard. You will, also, have to promote from within for school boards up to Senators. You will have to get out the vote and drown the politicians. You can do it.

No compromise, no trading, no hidden political agenda’s, straighten this out and find out how we got here without another coverup. There is plenty in the United States for everyone, it us just some super greedy people own the “so called” representative and congressman.

It may already be too late to save the children from the chemicals. 7 out of 100 with ADD, when I was in school, we did not have ADD. It is the chemicals. Birth defects on the rise, check out the chemicals.

I weep for my country.

4. matttbastard says:

Sorry, trolling will get you nowhere, Bryan. 🙂

I don’t feed the desperately link-starved.

But thanks for the love, regardless.

5. Bryan says:

If I take the Web site URL away, will you take the criticism seriously?
    🙂

6. Bryan says:

Don’t lift up the rug to see what’s swept underneath, eh?
    🙂