The Most Impressive Drivel I’ve Read in a Long Time

Read this. I know it’s long, but read the whole thing. Then come back and tell me if you think I am right that Jeff Goldstein is simultaneously the most self-important and the most appallingly awful writer on the Internet.

Even though it’s difficult, try to separate the substance of his argument, which is profoundly flawed, from the quality of his writing. One could spend many paragraphs deconstructing his argument, but my point here is the writing itself. To me, it comes across almost as a parody of bad writing.

125 Responses to “The Most Impressive Drivel I’ve Read in a Long Time”

If you knew anything about me, you’d know how I actually spell my last name. And that I’ve revealed who I am before.

You like to think you know something, don’t you Jeff? I suppose I could do a simple background check on you too, if I cared. Which I don’t. The fact that you care to do background checks on bloggers that you run into randomly every year or so tells me that you’ve got fucking problems, man. Seek help.

I suppose you found my address, too. If you ever try making good on your threats of meeting mano e mano, be aware that as a baseball fan, there’s a bat in my home and in my car.

One would think that a blogger who loves to publicly insult other people might develop a tolerance to being insulted back, but NO! This is how he responds to EVERYONE who insults him online.

That is one of the key things about Jeff that makes him such a jackass. He’s a thin-skinned bully.

I have a lot of anger at internet snipers — particularly those that countenance any mention of my wife and son — so our handshake might not be the most cordial you’ve ever received.

You are an internet sniper. One of the worst. And for someone who is so touchy about any mention of your wife and son online, you sure talk about them a lot. People who go ballistic at any mention of their private lives maybe should not be using their private lives and the people in their private lives to raise money and make political points. Ever since I first saw Protein Wisdom, you’ve been sprinkling your posts liberally with self-serving anecdotes about Satchel and his mom. If you don’t want your family members to be used by internet snipers, two pieces of advice: Don’t bring them onto your blog to start with and don’t be an internet sniper yourself.

4. jgpoontang says:

Yes, but he is so wonderfully predictable. Play the tune and watch him dance.

5. Pablo says:

“You know as much about self-reliance as a newborn infant knows about a Ph.D. dissertation thesis.

And no, you’re a stranger and I don’t know you. But I do know this. “

Well Kathy, that means you’re running on faith, ya silly Pablobotherer. As for me, I left home at 17 and I’ve been head of household for going on 25 years. Without a welfare check, ever, unlike, um….you.

6. Pablo says:

You have to love the way these Protein Wisdom goons shape arguments.
    I like facts, tas, as opposed to making stuff up, like you did in your very first post on this thread. And what’s funny is that that which you claimed to know (much like your similarly unemployed friend Kathy )about all those evil right wingers is God’s honest truth about you, and you know it. Loser.

Projection is not your friend. But I could be. You’re in my general neighborhood. I’ll buy you a piece of beef, if you like. Because of the charity!!!

7. Macswain says:

Wait … that’s not ol’ Dr. Pablo who performs surgeries with a mellonballer, is it? One of Rightwingsparkle’s runts.

This just couldn’t get any better, could it?

8. Pablo says:

No. And you’re not Macswain of goats and bacon grease fame, are you? You can get more inane, can’t you? I have faith in that.

9. Macswain says:

That’s the kinda line the ol’ Pablo would’ve used. Ha Ha Ha

But I can see why you’re a Jeff G. fan … with a mind that quickly turns to using goats and bacon grease. You must be proud to have a leader who so quickly turns to physical threats and attacking people’s anonymity.

Pablo, you can feel free to post here without the threat of background searches, people showing up on your doorstep or filling your personal email with threats. We don’t roll like that … though I might trash talk ya bit and I don’t whine if you return it.

Hee hee hee

10. serr8d says:

be aware that as a baseball fan, there’s a bat in my home and in my car.

tas the terrible. Boy with a bat. What a joke he is. Adam DuPussy, I’m afraid your bat would become your own personal popsicle stick.

What a McSweening wimp.

11. B Moe says:

Of course not. You don’t need to do a background check to just make shit up, now do you?

12. Macswain says:

Shorter serr8d (you know … because he cuts like a knife … well, ur, a bread knife): “Sweep the leg, Jeffy” … then materbates to violent fantasy.

Longer B Moe (hard to do a shorter with such simplistic thoughts): Goo Gooo Gaaaaaah … me no make no sense … Guuuu … aaaaahhhh.

13. jgpoontang says:

You must be proud to have a leader who so quickly turns to empty physical threats and attacking people’s anonymity.

I fixed it for you.

JG cant and wont do shit. He is the poster child for impotent rage.

As for me, I left home at 17 and I’ve been head of household for going on 25 years. Without a welfare check, ever, unlike, um….you. …

Pablo, you just prove my point. You have only the most superficial and shallow idea of what it means to be self-reliant. Leaving home at 17 and being “head of household” for 25 years does not necessarily mean you’re self-reliant.

I repeat: You do not have the first clue what it means to be self-reliant. Well… maybe the first clue. But you’ve got a long way to go before you have a full understanding.

15. Pablo says:

You haven’t read this thread, have you? Your side has nothing but offered baseless assumptions and several gallons of whine of the “He hit me back first!” varietal. Direct requests for specific criticism in responses to a “That’s totally icky, right?” post generate nothing but insults from your compatriots.

You haven’t improved their record of making any actual argument. Would you like to start? Or are you good with the class clown act?

16. Pablo says:

I suspect that you don’t understand what self-reliance is, given that you seem to think you can attain it on welfare.

17. Sp0rsk says:

Poor Pablo. So angry. I guess being cuckolded will do that to a guy. An insecure and pathetic guy.

18. Pablo says:

More baseless, fallacious assumptions from Sporsk. Do you have an argument, friend? This place sorely needs one.

Anyone? Bueller?

Pablo, you don’t disappoint. Thanks for the lead-in.

I am going to list some well-known people here, from various fields. I want you to tell me which ones are self-reliant, and which ones are not:

Mike Wallace
    Sally Jesse Raphael
    Rob Thomas
    Jean-Claude Van Damme
    George W. Bush
    Buzz Aldrin
    J.K. Rowling
    Rush Limbaugh
    Jackie Kennedy
    Virginia Woolf
    William Kristol
    Joe the Plumber

Take your time.

One more thing: If you look up any of these people, you lose automatically. I want you to tell me which ones you think are self-reliant just from what you know of them as famous people.

21. Now listen here, folks, I will say this once, and only once.

As our new visitors may or may not have the grace to have noticed, despite what we at CFLF think of anyone’s opinions, most opinions are free to be posted here without fear of retribution, banning, etc (much to the chagrin of some of our staff). There are quite a few sites that would have scrubbed this entire thread long ago, but we don’t out of some strange attachment to free speech and letting people have their say.

There are things that will not be tolerated. Personal threats and a lack of respect for the anonymity of those authors here who choose to remain anonymous will result in the immediate scrubbing of all of your comments and your being banned from further contributions at this site.

Just because I don’t write here anymore that doesn’t mean I don’t still pay attention, and I have no tolerance for those who cross the already spare lines of decency I like to have maintained for our authors.

You have been warned.

22. B Moe says:

Careful, Pablo, I think it’s a trap!

23. Pablo says:

i know! Ralph Waldo Emerson!

Who, like Jackie Kennedy and Virginia Woolf, is dead. Unlike your argument, which seems never to have drawn breath. Let me know if and when it’s born, won’t you?

Kyle, you are one graceful dude. I just wanted to make sure someone said that.

Careful, Pablo, I think it’s a trap!

And Pablo was clever enough not to fall into it. Gotta give him credit for that.