They’re All Right-Wing Extremists Now

Can you imagine Keith Olbermann or Rachel Maddow, or Paul Krugman or Bob Herbert, or even Eli Pariser or Justin Ruben — former and current executive director of MoveOn, respectively — joining up with liberals and Democrats in the blogosphere and in Congress when Bush was president to organize “grassroots” protests across the country against, say, tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy, and then shouting through a bullhorn to cheering crowds, “We are all left-wing extremists!” Or telling a reporter that it’s too bad that the Capitol, or the White House, wasn’t hit on 9/11 instead of the World Trade Center?

And if you can somehow imagine that scenario happening, can you next imagine what the reaction among conservatives and Republicans would have been?

21 Responses to “They’re All Right-Wing Extremists Now”

1. Jack Jodell says:

This recent right-wing muscle-flexing tea party effort was an artificial movement created and aided by corporate imterests and conservative, tax-hating wealthy individuals. As such, it was not a “grassroots” movement at all. Of course, Fox “News” fanned the event’s flames, but being a phony contrivance, the event never became a giant national bonfire. It is becoming increasingly obvious that Fox “News” is merely the TV equivalent of print media’s National Enquirer, and that, just like “pro” wrestling, everything presented by them and the far-right is noisy, fake, full of spectacle, and of no lasting value.

2. Booogie-Mann says:

Kathy, your analogy just doesn’t make sense … and which Conservative/GOP’er wished the Capitol or White House to be hit?? Also, Democrats have as much or MORE ties to Corporations/Big Business than GOP’ers … your CW here is just plain wrong. Look at the Campaign Contribution lists for Fannie/Freddy/AIG and you will find Democrats at the top. Reconsider your perspective on this issue, the Democrats are as neck deep in Corporate Interest groups as the GOP

The assertion here that “Tea Parties” are not grassroots is just plain innacurate. Even if it were, then so what?? Liberals are notorious for bussing in people to protest (Al Sharpton) or organizing efforts through ACORN or Move-on.org … which are well funded Left Wing Extremist organizations funded by Billionaire Soros. You guys are searching for hypocrisy or any other reason to ignore the actual message of the Tea Parties. Why do these Tea Parties make you so uncomfortable??

Also I’d like to thank Rachael Maddow for ignoring the Tea Party Message as well, instead she chose to mock everything, acted like a child, and brought the vulgar term “Teabagging” into our living rooms repeatedly. Maddow/Olberman relate to the lowest level of discourse in our society, their shows parrot one another, are overtly partisan, both have arrogant smirks on their faces and never have Guests who disagree or promote a different view on their shows.

Anyway, Fox indeed promoted the events while other News Organizations ignored the Tea Parties completely!! Either way, these were clearly grassroots efforts attended by ordinary citizens who are disgusted by the Bailouts and Trillions spent these past few months by GWB and Obama.

… and which Conservative/GOP’er wished the Capitol or White House to be hit??

That information is right in the article that I linked to. There’s only one link in my post, Boogie. I think you can figure it out.

Yes, Boogie-Mann, ordinary citizens like this guy:

“Another seemingly sedate protester, Brian Smith, a marketer from Greenville, S.C., who was in Washington on business and came by the rally, wandered equally off message. “I love my country and I don’t like what’s going on,” Smith said. “Government — to be honest with you, and this will probably be misquoted, but on 9/11, I think they hit the wrong building. They should have gone into the Capitol building, hit out, knocked out both sides of the aisle, we’d start from scratch, we’d be better off today.” I pointed out that “they” did try to hit the Capitol. “Yeah, I know, they missed,” he said. “The wrong sequence. If someone had to go, it should have been the Capitol building. On that day I felt differently, but today that’s the way I feel.”

In case you’re wondering where that quote came from, it was in the article that Kathy linked to. So when you began your comment with, “Kathy, your analogy just doesn’t make sense … and which Conservative/GOP’er wished the Capitol or White House to be hit??,” you probably should have clicked on the link, first. Just about anytime a liberal dares so much as breathe, Michelle Malkin and her ilk will call that person “unhinged”. Hell, Malkin will write a book about it! So where’s the conservative anger at this people showing upto their protests? Where’s the venting? Where’s the hot air?

All I see is hypocrisy.

Which, as we all know, is certainly comparable to Republicans in the late 90s making sure we all know that the president got a blow job and stuck a cigar in Monica’s vagina. Because we all needed to know the precise details of his sex life. Why, us liberals are just so much vulgar than that!

5. Booogie-Mann says:

It’s obvious the difference between “Tea Party” goers and people on your side of the aisle … check out the angry vitriol over a Republican Senator who was invited to speak at UNC … the behavior, the respect given, the difference in tolerance between your side and mine is so obvious:

@ about 2:00 minute mark …

6. Booogie-Mann says:

Kathy, you cut the quote short …

… the guy says “both sides of the aisle, start from scratch” … so I guess I should be worried too?? I did read the piece but YOU took it out of context to try and validate your point … besides, where was your outrage when folks on the left advocated assassination of Bush?? Even based a movie on killing the President … did you empathize with this ?? Can’t count the number of violent posters, burning effigies, symbolic hangings, “War Crimes” accusations leveled towards President Bush.

…the behavior, the respect given, the difference in tolerance between your side and mine is so obvious…

You hear that, Kathy? I guess we’re just not good enough because we don’t advocate having 737 jets fly into the Capitol building and the White House. We’re just not “tolerant” enough. Gosh, who would have known?!

Wow. Hey Boogie-Man, here’s an apt analogy: I think your comments suck, therefore I’m going to fly a cessna into your house and kill you. I can’t wait until you cheer that one on.

8. Booogie-Mann says:

tas: … it wasn’t Republican’s who brought blow-jobs into our living room … it was Bill Clinton getting busted and the subsequent investigation, lying while under oath … comparing that to Maddow/Olberman’s deliberate use of the term “Teabagging” druing Prime Time is ridiculous!! I didn’t see people slapping their genetalia off one another at the “Tea Parties” did you?? But that’s what Maddow brought into my living room and yours all across the country during Prime Time this week. Utterly vulgar .. do you have kids?? Did you have to explain to them what “Teabagging” was??

Look, in Summary: The biggest hypocrisy on “Tea Day” was from folks like you … decrying one type of protest attended by tens of thousands of ordinary Americans … while celebrating other protests attended by far less people with far more Corporate Support and hypocrisy.

9. Booogie-Mann says:

“I think your comments suck” … well tas that’s really all you can say because I whooped your ass here. I’m not worried about you flying a Cessna into my house because you can’t even compose a sentence let alone fly a plane.

Sorry you can’t understand the Tea Parties, are not tolerant of these people nor can carry a civil conversation for 10 seconds before throwing insults. GOODBYE.

Bullshit. Clinton’s sex life had nothing to do with the governing of this country and you know it. From that stand point, the logical conclusion is that his sex life should never have been made a topic of discourse — of course, we all know this isn’t true for politicians. Democrats out Republicans, too, but I’m remiss to recall any such instance where I know the particular details of a Republican’s sex life — right down to what objects he sticks in a woman’s vagina. It was your ilk who saw fit to bring up the details, so don’t sit there and give me this sanctimonious bullshit about how Maddow’s saying “teabagging” is such a shocker, you fucking prick. On, and on that last point, can you describe to me how any impressionable youngster listening to Maddow will be able to tell that “teabagging” is perverted? Fucking seriously, that’s on the level of Shriek — a children’s movie full of perversions to keep it entertaining for adults, but kids watching it having no clue what’s actually being said.

You’re a fucking idiot. Catch you later, douchetard. If you ever comment here again, perhaps you could do us all a favor a grow a fucking brain first you piece of shit.

I’m sorry, Boogie, I must be misunderstanding you. Are you really saying that it’s fine and okay for this guy to wish that the 9/11 hijackers had destroyed the Capitol instead of the WTC because he’s bipartisan in his desire for murder and bloodshed?

12. Booogie-Mann says:

Ah ha ha … tas has blown his/her/it’s top !! Nice tas, you’ve come uncorked and can’t control yourself … just like the people in the UNC video!! Tas you really represent your side well, fulfill my stereotype of an angry, mean-spirited person … At least Kathy has been civil … even if we disagree, most likely.

Kathy, overall I don’t think it matters what some guy at a rally thinks should have been hit on 9/11. That is my view, I don’t take this guy seriously. GOP was mostly in charge on 9/11. If he actually had the power to committ such an act, I’d be worried. I don’t think it was a nice comment, but given Congressional Approval ratings for the past 6+ years @ less than 20%, I’m not surprised people say these things.

Spoken like a true douchebag who has yet to refute a single one of my points with logic. Maybe when you prove that you have a fucking brain I’ll stop treating you like a child, but until then you’ll get the scoldings that you deserve.

14. Booogie-Mann says:

You haven’t made a point, except to point out what and angry, mean-spirited, illogical Liberal sounds like re: tas

To say that I haven’t made a point is to be ignorant of reality. Which doesn’t surprise me, coming from you.

Learn how to think critically. It might help you stop being a GOP sheeple.

16. Miraj Patel says:

It is time to stop judging everyone in groups. I know it might be hard for the left wing because they are used to collectivism instead of individualism, but please stop associating all of us with the one or two people that said absurd things like they wished the White House was hit. As for the tea parties, it is our first amendment right to assemble peacefully and had the left done it we would’ve respected it. Please note that I am not a Bush supporter. In fact, I was against most of his policies as well as they were very supportive of big government. I am a true conservative- someone who believes in small government and anti-war policies.

Here’s the thing: You came on here and disowned the comment, immediately. All Boogie-Mann tried to do was defend the comment — which was indefensible, in my view. And probably in any reasonable person’s view as well.

As for sweeping generalizations, etc., look… I’ve been saying this for a while, but the right needs to clen up their side. The left didn’t embrace Alex Jones. The left wouldn’t give its own Glenn Beck a television show. I point out many other examples in the post I linked to; and all of these examples are tolerated by the right. Enough is enough.

18. Booogie-Mann says:

tas: The original thread here uses ONE quote from ONE guy at ONE Event to assert that everyone at the Tea Parties wants to destroy the Capitol and White House … ie: to bolster your pre-fabbed idea that everyone at the Tea Parties is a right wing nut. I won’t even go into the unpatriotic comments made by elected Democrats and Liberals over the past couple of years . …. Next the post asserts how unusual it would be for Left Wing organizations/Individuals to be involved with or organize and event. Third there is some insinuation that only GOP’ers have ties to big business.

All the assertions in the original post are ridiculous. First, this one guy’s quote doesn’t represent the aim nor discontent of the nearly 200k a Party goers… it’s a broad sweeping generalization to make that claim. Many Obama voters, many different types of people from all 50 States went to the Tea Parties outraged at the higher taxes and around 10 TRILLION in committed Bailouts/Spending by GWB and Obama. I ask: “Why do these Tea Parties make you so uncomfortable??”. Is it because the tactics of the Left are being used without your consent?? Second, Left Wing Groups, Organizations and Individuals have protests all the time!! PETA, Code Pink, Move-On, ACORN, Al Sharpton, Greenpeace, Enviro’s, Unions … etc. … I could go on forever … protests are a technique used by the Left … far, far more then on the Right. Our current President was a Leftist Community Organizer !!! And these groups have huge financial backing from our Tax Dollars (ie Grants to ACORN, tax breaks to Non-profits like Greenpeace) and billionaires like George Soros. Yes, the Tea Parties had sponsors and Fox News promoted the Events mostly AFTER they were already organized and planned. What’s wrong with convering these rallies on TV?? These truely were grass roots efforts, many protests on the Left bus people in, didn’t see that on Apr 15th. Lastly, again, Democrats have as many ties to Big Business as Republicans. Who were the top recipients of AIG, Freddie Mac, and Fannie Mae Campaign Contributions?? Who do the Unions give the bulk of their money?? Who do the Trial Lawyers Guild give the bulk of thier money?? And 6 of the 10 richest Congressmen are Democrats/Professed Liberals !! see:
    [http://www.rollcall.com/features/Guide-to-Congress_2008/guide/28506-1.html?type=printer_friendly]

Look at some of the names on here and see how they got their money!! Geez !!

tas says “The Left wouldn’t give its own Glenn Beck a TV show” … ugh, yes they did … see Olbermann, Maddow, Matthews … you really have NO case here ..

Every assertion made is demonstrably false, simply twisted to fit your stereotype of people who disagree with you. Liberals are the worst at stereotypes, judging the motives of people who are not huge Liberals (rather than the issues) all while professing to be open-minded. tas: I can find nothing open-minded in your posts, just mean-spirited rhetoric from an angry judgemental person who cannot tolerate diversity of opinion nor the facts..

Hey, I just found this artist’s conception of BM.

That explains everything!

20. Booogie-Mann says:

tas: for someone who claims to be a critical thinker, you really don’t seem to care much about 10 Trillion Dollars allocated by GWB/Obama …. do you? (ie: Tea Parties)

Don’t seem to have much to say when not in a room full of Obamatrons all parroting the same shit. Let’s face it, you are really getting your ass whipped here ….

21. Booogie-Mann says:

While Olbermann rants about Big Corporations not paying taxes … he’s racked up a 100k in unpaid taxes of his own … not that anyone here would dare point out Olbermann’s hypocrisy and obvious faults …

I’m making OlbermanWatch.com my new Homepage, this guy is a nutcase!!