Death of an Icon

Michael Jackson is doing the moonwalk in heaven.

michael-jackson-p04

R.I.P.

7 Responses to “Death of an Icon”

Mac, thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. I had been busy away from the computer and only read the news around 8 pm, and about 60 seconds after I knew that Michael Jackson had died, all of the power in my apartment went out. Everything. I had to wait until 9:30 to get it back because the super was out, and then 30 seconds after he turned it back on, it went out again. And of course, every time the power goes out, when it comes back on, the computer doesn’t come back on automatically — I have to turn it back on and it has to completely boot up again, and this computer is slow.

I was going nuts, with news like this breaking. I’m so glad you put up this post.

2. radical_moderate says:

I am 2 years older than MJ, so basically I have been aware of him for some 40 years. As much as I have loved his music, I have also been perplexed by his personal life. What to think of a man with a genius like Jackson who at the same time seemed to run away from his ethnicity, and to court the sexual attentions of boys in private? Then I think of the larger picture: the vagaries of a life time spent chasing fame, first pushed by his overbearing father, and then only by himself. It was a life spent in a goldfish bowl where every movement was reported and interpeted through the distorting lens of an unforgiving media. That Jackson both loved and loathed the attention is not surprizing, that he turned to hardcore prescription drugs to numb him to the pain of the scrutiny, hell the pain of life period, doesn’t shock me either (how many millions of regular people do the same?), but then how to weigh the significance of the public musician and the flawed private Michael Jackson? Do we merely remember the Genius and forget the other? I don’t know, but I do know that his death touched me deeply, made me think about my own mortality, and also made me ponder the values of this epoch.

3. loonatic says:

he was n still is the greatest man alive and dead

4. we all miss and love michael but now we will never see him again people who make fon of michael are mest up so what if he did bad things you never know if its true or not cuz your not there so if you want to go and say something about michael go ahead but its not true cuz i am a true fan and michael was hooooootttttt when he was black but guess what you people are wrong i love michael R.I.P michael jackson we love you and we will miss you dearly I AM A TRUE FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you people are mest up and heres the point what did he ever do to you thats right nothing so you poeple soudnt be talking crap about him you sould be talking nice things about him he was in guienss book of world records for giving the most charity why cant you guys do something like that so thats right dont say anything about michael now will you love michael<33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

5. siobhan says:

hi i love m jackson and i wont him to bee with him but i cant becuas im 11 years old

6. siobhan says:

hi michael i w your still a lave but i miss you m jackson bye

7. siobhan says:

hi your dead i miss you but sing me tihrller